Monday, September 10, 2012

January 5, 1933

U. of Wyo.
Jan. 5

Dear Fay:

Before you tear this up I want to apologize. I don't you wrong. It wasn't that I was drunk and forgot the date - I wasn't that drunk. I'm on the water wagon now at least as long as my New Year's Resolutions are remembered. But, as I was saying, I worked all afternoon and I just plain forgot to call you up. I was going to a dance that night with Si and Pat and I was going to break that date with them and hunt you up, but they wouldn't let me. That may sound like Ballyhoo to you anyhow.

I had a lot of fun while I was home - skiing and skating, and running around, and its a good thing as it will be twenty-two weeks before I have another one.

Oh, yes! I want to wish you a Happy New Year, Fay - Did you make any good resolutions? Maybe you resolved to have nothing to do with bums like that Richards guy or sumpin like that? I really think, though, that you should resolve to quit chewing and swearing.

How is High (you know - O.H.S.), and are they all treating you right. You can reply to that question or not as you wish. Remember your Constitutional rights, or has that got anything to do with the constitution. I don't know, maybe you do.

If you wish, you may excuse the handwriting, but it doesn't make any difference. And ti's no use to suggest using a typewriter either as I don't type myself and don't know any good looking girls here that do.

We played Stanford in a basketball game yesterday and beat them 42-24. Our table in the Commons laid bets on the game and I won - I had guessed 40-25. I was only off 1 point of the total score. Tomorrow and Sat. we play Western State. Those will be swell games. Why don't you come up and see them?

Do you know anything more than you did when you opened this? Well, that's good. Do you know anything else? If so, write and tell me about it and do you still love me?

Well, tell your folks and everybody else I know "hello" for me.

Well,
Hasta la vista,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment