Wednesday, October 10, 2012

April 13, 1934

April 13, 1934

Dear Fay:

Are you still having your troubles like those you wrote about last week? You had me feeling almost sorry for you - if I didn't know that that yeeping is a matter of form with you. You will probably make a flock of A's in your subjects.

Todays is Friday the thirteenth and I have had no bad luck whatsoever. I believe that I even got a good grade in the Physics test this morning. As I was going to town today, a black cat ran across my path. So I have had all of the signs, but, so far at least, none of the promised results.

I am doing about the same as usual, only I have to work a little harder just now. This is mid-quarter and I have about three exams coming up the first of next week. But nothing peps me up like a good stiff exam. Heh, heh!

I spend all of the time that I am not in classes or studying for them or swimming or going to club meetings, by eating (as much and as often as possible), sleeping (ditto), drinking (water), talking, reading, and day dreaming, not to mention movies and baseball, and then I repeat the process. By far the most important of all this is, of course, the part about eating and sleeping. In fact, I have eaten so much lately that I have gained about five pounds. I now weigh 141 lbs. I may get man-size yet.

I think that I shall be coming home in about a week. This weekend is going to be a busy one, but I think I'll be in Ogden, next weekend. If you are a good girl and help your mother with the dishes andall, I might give you a call when I arrive.

In the meantime, keep your nose clean, kid.

Love,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment