Friday, September 21, 2012

July 6, 1933

Dear Fay:

I've moved again. This time I am in California, the land of the sunshine. I called you up the morning I left. You weren't home and I had no time to call up the number that your sister gave me, so I had to give up,. You see, I didn't know that I was leaving until 8:30 on Thursday morning and the train left at 10:00. I had to pack in a hurry.

I reached here on Saturday at about noon. After dinner I visited the B.G. Fruit packing concern here, and that night I had a job. I worked for two hours that night, and the next day, Sunday,  I started in earnest.We worked all day the 4th of July. I haven't had much time to play around down here, or to write letters. I was laid off today, however, and I have time to catch up on little details like that. I believe and hope that I shall get another job tomorrow. It will be quite a bit different from the one I have been doing.

There are lots of cute Spanish girls down here. I guess I"ll have to date a couple of them just to learn Spanish, of course. I might have to feel around and see if they carried a concealed knife of course, too. You would not mind that would you?

I expect that I shall be down here for quite a while. As long as I can get a job in fact. So I may not be back in Ogden for very long before school starts. This travelling around all the time doesn't permit us to get together very often does it?

How is Marge's matrimonial venture coming along. I'd like to see the wedding and kiss the bride.

Well, I have to get this letter off in the mail, so I'll be seeing you.

Write soon,
Love,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment