Sunday, September 9, 2012

October 7, 1932

Laramie, Wyo.
Oct. 7, 1932

Dear Fay: -

I was glad to receive your letter.  It was the first one that I have received for a week. I've been working pretty hard and I haven't sent many either.

I was in Ogden for part of a day. I didn't see anybody except Si and some of the kids that were at the service station. I spent the whole time at home and over at my grandmother's explaining where my money went and why, and what I had been doing that I shouldn't have. I've spent this whole next week after that catching up with my studies, which are longer and funnier than ever.

Outside of going to classes, I haven't left the dorm this week. I've been to two or three dances at various sororities and there is a dance tonight but I'm a little too absorbed in studies to enjoy them. I do think I'll break away tonight though and go to a movie.

I spent a lot of time trying to get pledged to a fraternity and I succeeded, but now I don't think I'll join. Such is life. The U. here is swell in spite of the studies. The studies bother me. I'm not used to too much studying.

I'm going to try to get back home before Thanksgiving but I'm not sure that I'll succeed. I hope i can but I'm not going to ruin my eyes and my small brain studying all night for a week afterward.

Well it's about dinner time and I'll have to beat it. Here's love to you and I hope to see you soon. Write soon again. Tell the folks "hello" for me. Also give my love to Alice & Marge & Edith and anyone else who will be interested.

Love -
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment