Wednesday, September 26, 2012

August 11, 1933

Brentwood
August 11

Dear Fay:

I swear that I would have written sooner if I had had time. I still owe about four letters to various people.

For the last two weeks I have been working plenty hard. The hardest since I've been down here. And I have worked long hours for this week. I put in from eleven to sixteen hours a day. Night before last I got only three and a half hours of sleep. And you know how I like to sleep. I didn't lose sleep over any Mexican girls, either.

What are you going to do this winter? Are you going to Weber? I am going back to good old Wyo. I guess that I will go to the  World's Fair in Chicago when I am through working down here. It looks as though our time spent together will be rather small. Why don't you go to U. of W. then we wouldn't just be writing letters.

Is it still hot there? It is only around 100 here now. Practically freezing.

I haven't done a darn thing but work since I sent you the last letter so the news value of this will be small. I told you about us going to Yosemite didn't I? That was a swell trip. We drove up there.

Well I have to eat in a hurry and get back to work. Tell everybody hello for me. Give Marge my congratulations in your next letter.

My Spanish has had no exercise since I have been here, but -

Hasta la vista
Con amor
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment